Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween: It's a (tacky) culture AND my costume + PikaDarko


What, bitch? Can't you see I'm texting? Photos by Brenna Zedan.

Yep, it's been a while, yet again. Luckily for anyone attempting to follow my blog, I CANNOT allow Halloween to pass without a post.

This year I am dressed as an Ugg boot wearin, giant-purse-with-tiny-dog carryin, hair straightenin, bronzer wearin, tasteless bitch. I didn't really make anything for this costume, but I did pay a LOT of attention to detail, down to the pink, vanilla flavored lip gloss and bubblegum (which I can't stand the flavor or smell of, but I'm being really method with this character). I'm also terrible with makeup as I tend not to wear it, but that seems to be juuuuust right for this look.



What I DID make was an intentionally creepy and janky Pikachu costume. I could not have anticipated just how creepy or janky it would actually be, but I'm happy with the results. Hopefully Victor will be too, as he is the one who must wear it. I used a huge yellow terry cloth t-shirt as the base for the tunic, adding stripes, a (highly problematic) tail and dangley little feets. Then I got a plastic rabbit mask and painted it like a Pikachu face, which makes for an eerily realistic Pikachu, and seems to remind everyone who sees it of Frank the rabbit of the apocalypse, from Donnie Darko.




This bitch was my best friend back in elementary school, but then she turned into a gothy ho bag, so obviously I can't be associated with her.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I feel as though I'm peering through the looking glass. In another life, or another town, this is you.

    ReplyDelete